Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Trump to Give Speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia


The AFP Tweet reads, "Trump to Give Speech on Islam in Saudi Arabia: White House."

Here's a blurb from the Independent:
Donald Trump will give a speech on combatting radical Islam to a group of Muslim leaders in Saudi Arabia during his first trip abroad as US President. 
Mr Trump will speak to around 50 Muslim leaders and will take part in opening a centre there which is dedicated to promote moderate Islam, said national security adviser H R McMaster. 
The President will “will deliver an inspiring but direct speech on the need to confront radical ideology and the president’s hopes for a peaceful vision of Islam to dominate across the world,” Mr McMaster said. 
“The speech is intended to unite the broader Muslim world against common enemies of all civilization and to demonstrate America’s commitment to our Muslim partners,” Mr McMaster added. 
Saudi Arabia will be the first country Mr Trump will visit since his Inauguration.
This Trump voter (and, I assume, millions of others) just cringed.

Ah, yes, opening up a "center" devoted to "moderate Islam" in, all of all places, Saudi Arabia.

Isn't that the country where if you mispronounce "Muhammad," they kill your whole family?

I exaggerate, but not by much.

The wags on Twitter had a field day:
People always ask me about Islam, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Islam. I do very well with Islam. No one loves Islam more than me 
BELIEVE ME. We're going to have so many Islam you are going to get sick of Islam. The Islam just got 10 feet higher. I have the best Islam 
I love Muslims, there great. Brillant I know some Islams, great people. Some of my best friends are Islams. Very smart great people. 
The Ottoman Empire, that was huge believe me. Bigger than you can imagine. I gotta tell you I'm very surprised it ended the way it did 
My kids loved Aladdin, a tremendous film. Arab girls are hot. And my hotels in the Middle East are doing well. I love Islam. Just love it.
And so on.

The crisis continues.

4 comments:

  1. His Generals have been lying to him about the nature of Mahometanism and he loves him some Generals.

    The Deep State has drained his common sense American Firstism.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK. Were those for real tweets? I tend to be gullible.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, yeah. Click "Twitter" on "The wags on Twitter had a field day."

      Delete
  3. I think he is also pushing the idea to keep the 'refugees' in 'safe zones' in the Middle East. I first heard this idea at a Citizen GO conference on Christian genocide here in NYC at the UN from Carl Anderson(KofC). It is a stop-gap measure that prevents floods of migrants overwhelming host countries, eliminates the serious difficulties of assimilating, and gives them hope of going back to their homeland. It is getting some traction.

    ReplyDelete